Ready, Steady...Tow!

Visit our blog as we travel here, there any everywhere in our shiny home with wheels. Without a set schedule, with no reliable income, no expectations, and without proper medical insurance we are bound to run into failure, fun, trouble, opportunity and many new (senior citizen) friends. Co-piloting this adventure are our side kicks; Lois The Pie Queen, the saucy siamese vixen, and John Bunnay Ramsey, AKA, Senior Biscuit.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, TN

We are a happy couple of three years that met while traveling in Germany. We relocated from Los Angeles to New York City, and recently purchased a vintage 72' Airstream Tradewind, 25' trailer to live out of while we explore all points connected by land. We hope to achieve minimal cost of living and in exchange have extra free time to spend together and work on our our creative projects. The end result.. 1. We will have lived in many parts of the world we wouldn't normally have visited, 2. We will have opened our doors for various experiences that normally wouldn't cross our paths, stories to tell 3. We will have developed our own companies which we plan to continue after we decide to leave full time trailer life. We hope to do good things with our extra time too.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Iceland, Birthday, Sugarcubes

They all go hand in hand don't they? I'm not talking abou the hit single "birthday" but my actual birthday! Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I'm 29! Holy shit I'm in iceland. and this Friday I'll get to see my favorite band play, the Sugarcubes! Thanks Sugarcubes!!! This will be the best birthday present ever! It's currently 13:38 and Bill's in the shower. I'm eating Skonsur, that's basically thick pancake in a bag that you can get for roughly a dollar at the Bonus discount Super Market on the main shopping street, Laugavgur. It's about 30 degrees outside and we got about 4 more hours of daylight if we are lucky. Our Couch Surfing hosts here in Reykjavik are Setta og Bjarni. og means and. They are two stylish scandinavians with a fantastic apt. right in the center of town. They have been so kind to let us stay for 6 whole nights. We even have our own room and we've purchased groceries that we've been cooking here as well, anything to save a kronur here. its $$$$$. Yeah Bill and I are real high flutin'. We only go to real high class joints on our Holidays. We got in a few days ago and since then we've mainly caught up on sleep, and ventured out with the daylight. Setta og Bjarni have invited us to IKEA later today so pictures should follow. It feels so great to be back in Iceland. I am so pissed I didn't get accepted to this program I had applied to back when I had a short stint at the University of Minnesota. Damned that Scandinavian Graduate student who got a full ride to the University of Iceland because he wanted to translate the Old Norse Language into Binary Code. I suppose the administrators found that to be more applicable over my eagerness to study fine arts here in Iceland. This is definielty a place I could live. To date, it is still my favorite place I've ever been. Here are some photos of our stay here thus far in Iceland:

Well this is some cockamamy statement. This graf is pro alcohol and anti-cannibas. Who finds the time for this?



After the Sugarcubes concert Friday night, I'll be here at Sirkus, with DJ Gus Gus! Yay!



Here I am hanging out with some troll wall art on the wall outside of the bar Sirkus.



Here is Bill with the same wall art.



More amazing colorful graffetti.



I'm gonna go find out how much this dress costs. I love it. I'm sure it would break my piggily wiggily bank



Is there a film I don't know about with Leo starring as Che Guevara? (cause I saw this in a store front last night)



These Dorrritos really amused us. They call Cool Ranch Flavor, "Cool American".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home